Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: We should have meet-ups at all 3 AGPs!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    prasnlrd just gave me an idea!!

    I think many of us here on this board live close to LA, Chicago or New York that maybe we could all hook up in our closest locales for a meeting and shopping(or window shopping for those of us broke). I still, to this day don't have any live friends who I can share my AG excitement with. I'd love to meet some grown-up American Girls! We could even bring a doll and not feel embarrassed about the only girl older than 13 carrying a doll! I can take the El-I don't even have to drive to AGPC!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 03, 2005 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Katie from IL ]</font>

  2. #2
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    I love the idea about a special recognition off adult collectors.

    AG dolls were not around when I was a child, just Barbie and boy did I love my Barbies!

    I am a very adult collector with a 12 year old DD who never really cared for the AG dolls I got her, but I always did and now I am totally engrossed with them. I love them all! Such fine quality and craftmanship! Gorgeous dolls!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by colettedenali:
    ...I think it would be really fun. You know what would be even better? If AGP did an adult collectors appreciation day. Like if you brought in a picture of yourself as a kid w/ an AG doll, you could get a discount... or have a special speaker on how AG has grown, etc...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a lovely thought colettedenali, but don't forget that there are quite a few adult collector's who were children long before Pleasant Rowan had her fantastic idea. So, they wouldn't be able to have a picture of themselves as children with an AG and they'd be rather upset that they'd not be able to get a discount.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd be fine with no discount... but I still think adult collector recognition would be great. Or something that appealed to all- I wish I had been at the Elizabeth premiere just for the costume historian.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Katie from IL, how old are you? I'm just curious from your post, where you said "being over 13 and walking around with dolls". [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, I have thought of this too. I cant remember but I think Im about 5-6 hours from Chicago I think. I have only been there once with friends. Ironicly, my boyfriend and I sneaked away for some time alone and had ice cream from Ghiradelis (I KNOW I spelled that wrong!) and as we were eating I was like, "Hey! Thats AGP! I used to be into that when I was little." I even took a picture or two from a distance but that was it. I wasnt into collecting then so I didnt care too much. I was a little curious, but as we hadnt been dating too long at that point, I wasnt quite ready to subject him to that!

    However I think it would be great if we did meet up at the closest AGP. Obviously that would be very tricky as many of us have families to take care of, careers and school (college or grade) but I think we could manage SOMETHING [img]wink.gif[/img] Its nice to put a face to a members posts.

    It just crossed my mind that this is something we could make an annual event, not just a one time deal. Just a thought [img]redface.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 04, 2005 12:06 AM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If we planned it far enough in advance, we could even do carpools. I have no car, but if someone was coming from WI, I'd totally help pay for gas or meet them in Milwaukee or something.

    I think it would be really fun. You know what would be even better? If AGP did an adult collectors appreciation day. Like if you brought in a picture of yourself as a kid w/ an AG doll, you could get a discount... or have a special speaker on how AG has grown, etc.

    I know I'd love to hear more about how they go over ideas and pick out the new characters...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ds9jullian - You're not missing much with Ikea. It smells very weird (like fried lard or something, from the cafe, and it's pumped through out the whole store) and is totally exhausting. There is absolutely no way to make a "quick" stop at Ikea to get something - the store is designed to keep you there as long as possible. Once, I went there for one item, I knew exactly what I wanted, and it still took me an hour. Plus, most of their furniture isn't that inexpensive. Ikea is really good for bookshelves, closet type builds, and certain other things, but overall, I wouldn't feel heart broken [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw my first IKEA about 9 years ago in England. I love IKEA, I know the one in Seattle like the back of my hand haveing been to it a half dozen times. I love the style and quality of what they sell. I die in a normal furniture store, I hate the quality, the style and the colors. I really like a lot of the stuff they sell in the way of furinture. I think it depends on your tastes.

    Ashley

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love that idea! It would be so great to meet some people from the board who live in NY. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •